Author Topic: Carrot & Spinach Slice  (Read 25023 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Carrot & Spinach Slice
« on: June 12, 2010, 09:00:07 am »
Name of Recipe: Carrot & Spinach Slice

Number of People: Serves 4 as a main with salad or 6 as a side dish
Ingredients:
1 bunch silverbeet or spinach or 2 x 250g packets frozen chopped spinach
20g parmesan, cut into cubes
50g tasty cheese, cut into cubes
extra 50g tasty cheese for topping
3 carrots cut into chunks (300g approx)
1 red onion, cut into 1/4's
5 eggs
1.5 tblspns vegetable stock concentrate
2 cloves garlic
100g S.R. flour
Pepper to taste
Cooking spray

Preparation:
Pre-heat oven to 180o fan forced.
If using fresh spinach/silverbeet, shred leaves only and cook in microwave 3 minutes with a bit of water. Thaw if using the frozen variety and squeeze all the liquid from whichever type you are using. Set aside.
Place the extra tasty cheese in the TM bowl and grate for 4 seconds/speed 5. Set aside.
Place the parmesan, tasty cheese and garlic cloves in the TM bowl and grate for 7 sec/speed 5. Set aside.
Place the carrots and onion into the TM bowl and grate for 7 sec/speed 5. Set aside.
Without cleaning the bowl, add the eggs and mix for 10 sec/speed 8.
Add concentrated stock, garlic and cheeses back into the bowl and combine for 10 sec/speed 6.
Add the carrot, onion, spinach and pepper & combine for 30 sec/speed 4/reverse.
Add the flour and combine for 30 sec/reverse/speed 1.
Spray a 23cm quiche dish then pour the mixture into it.  Sprinkle the extra tasty cheese over the top.
Bake 45 minutes. Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.

This is a converted recipe from one of the Annette Sym's Symply Too Good to be True cookbooks. I came across this conversion at http://www.stephberg.com/?p=927 but have played with it a bit and altered some of the times etc.  I now find it was first posted here by Snoozie who should get the credit for the conversion.
Photos:

Tips/Hints:

I used fresh spinach and the cooked weight was 380gms.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 01:35:42 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Carrot & Spinach Slice
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 09:33:23 am »
Lovely and healthy Judy.  Looks like a good one for lunch on a car rally day.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 09:36:40 am »
The original recipe (plus Snoozie's conversion) used 2 whole eggs and 3 whites but what the heck, who needs to be that healthy  :P :P
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 01:36:51 am by judydawn »

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 02:16:24 pm »
Yum - my neighbour used to make something similar.  I made it when this recipe was published:

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=2163.0

I have photos on my other computer that I should post of this slice.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 03:19:58 pm »
Ah ha, that is the exact version on the website I mentioned but without mention of Snoozie being the person who first converted and posted it.  I also found one of my recipes on that site and that now is credited to me after an email to her.  Sorry Snoozie, I didn't realise it was on this forum, it is getting too big now to remember everything I see

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 11:33:59 pm »
Ah ha, that is the exact version on the website I mentioned but without mention of Snoozie being the person who first converted and posted it.  I also found one of my recipes on that site and that now is credited to me after an email to her.  Sorry Snoozie, I didn't realise it was on this forum, it is getting too big now to remember everything I see
I haven't looked at this site before today but there seems to be a couple of recipes exactly like ones that had been posted here before going on that site but no names for credit. :-\
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 12:28:23 am »
I haven't looked at this site before today but there seems to be a couple of recipes exactly like ones that had been posted here before going on that site but no names for credit. :-\
There's even recipes straight from EDC with no credit given eg Fruity Dream.  That turned me off the site a tad.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 01:33:21 am »
There are heaps, I browsed again last night, found more of mine, some of ILB's, TMX-ers and goodness knows who elses.  I wrote to her about the first one of mine I found and she said consultants in Vic share a data base for their recipes to hand out to customers and often don't know their origins  ??? ??? ??? She quickly amended my Asian flavoured chicken stew and would be very busy if everyone here emailed her pointing out their recipe. What can you do about someone like that, apart from not visiting their website anymore.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:50:52 am by judydawn »

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 01:54:38 am »
The odd one is named, but they definitely seem to be in the minority.  Don't know what the solution is.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 08:49:41 am »
I just had a look at this site, it's a rip off. No one minds recipes being put on blogs with acknowledgements, but without  is.........
It only takes a moment to say where it's from etc. I have sent her an email.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 02:45:35 pm »
After reading this thread about the website, I had a look.I think it's very naughty not to give credit to the people who have developed a recipe.It will be interesting Cookie what her reply will be to your email.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 03:04:47 am »
I had an email from Steph this morning.
Here it is.

Hi there,

Many thanks for your contact.  I appreciate your email and letting me know that you are the author.  Please know it is my aim to give credit where credit is due.  I do have a little blurb on my home page saying these recipes are not mine and have been collated from various unknown sources and as I know the source I will name them.

I apologise if this has been upsetting, it was never my intention.  I have limited internet access as I am in WA for grou leader training till Friday but will take the recipe down until I hear how you wish me to proceed.

Kind regards,
Steph

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 02:04:11 pm »
I suppose the only thing to do is bombard her with the authors of the original recipe development.We all love our Thermomix and part of that is to share recipes, especially on this wonderful forum.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 04:06:46 pm »
As a Victorian consultant I know nothing about this shared data base and her email sounds very much like what she sent to JD. The Vic Branch Manager has a large database of recipes and all with the recipe developers name on it.

She has a great website with lots of recipes. We can just help her acknowledge where many of these have come from.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 02:09:31 pm by I Love Bimby! »
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 02:49:57 am »
And not knowing the source of the recipe doesn't explain the ones straight from official Thermomix books.  Wonder what their thoughts would be considering how they monitor this forum to ensure we're not undermining their sales?